Monday, May 17, 2010

Robin Hood (2010)

I saw this over the weekend:

Robin Hood Pictures, Images and Photos

The movie was...okay. I've seen better, I've seen worse. It was rather cheesy and at one point felt like a silly homage to any one of the Lord of the Rings films.

It definitely wasn't as good as:

men in tights Pictures, Images and Photos

OR

Robin Hood Pictures, Images and Photos

But this is not a movie review blog, so let's move on.

The music in the movie was all right. While watching, the music faded into the background and did not stand out too much. Occasionally the strings would swell loud enough with decent emotion to make itself known and there were occasional bouts of choral backings in it during the battle scenes. The music was nothing unique or too special, but it fit the movie well. I managed to get the soundtrack a couple of days before the movie was released and I can easily say that this is one of those cases where the music is much better on the soundtrack than in the film. (Like The New World from 2005).

Observe:



See? This is some nice music that will go well in my Work Music playlist on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment