Monday, May 10, 2010

Introduction!

Hello all.

I like writing stuff and I also like soundtracks, particularly the instrumental ones. So I figured, "Hey, why not write about them? Share your love for them!"

So here I'll be basically reviewing movie soundtracks, posting up youtube videos, song clips, pictures, and my own personal lists of stuff I like.

I studied music for 6 years (piano and voice) but I am not a pro. I really don't know much theory and when it comes to tunes I tend to be quite aesthetic about my preferences. Since I studied classical voice and piano, I have a heavy leaning to enjoy soundtracks with lots of percussion and vocals. EPIC soundtracks, as I call them. My opinions are my own and if you don't agree, well...that's why this is my blog, not yours.

A little about me:

I'm getting my MA in history and I'll be graduating in December. This means I know lots of useless information and I can successfully walk my parents through every episode of The Tudors. This summer I'll be interning, writing my thesis, studying and taking the GRE. In between all of that I will be seeing many movies and harshly judging their soundtracks. Come fall I'll be applying to Ph.D. programs so the snark may abound in my entries as my amateur ears judge music.

My motto: A movie is only as good as its score!

No comments:

Post a Comment