Monday, May 10, 2010

Let's Get Started, Shall We?

I saw Iron Man 2 over the weekend, but this post isn't about its soundtrack. Honestly, the score was rather bleh and therefore I don't even remember what the music sounded like. In fact, the movie itself was bleh so let's not talk about that anymore.

Instead, allow me to point you to the new Inception trailer I saw over the weekend before Iron Man:


The music is awesome! Do you hear how the rumbling bass swells underneath the main score? It's dark, it's different, it's awesome. And the score itself! Epic and full of emotion. You can hear the keyboards and strings swell with intensity as the scenes build in order to entice the audience to preorder tickets. This is like a neat mixture of The Bourne Ultimatum, Shutter Island, and The Dark Knight. Just when the music swells to its apex, the bass blasts again for one final resounding evil HURRAH. I'm not sure who the composer is (be it film composer or trailer composer), but it would be neat if it were an unknown in the soundtrack world. Soundtrack.net does not have Inception in its database yet so it remains a mystery. Based on how the trailer music sounds and how the movie looks, I will wager a guess at Hans Zimmer (Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight, Gladiator).

This music increases the intensity of the trailer. It makes the movie more intriguing and you can feel the bass reverberating inside of you, which is a nice movie-trick to get your heart thumping. This makes me want to see the movie even more than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment